PNP-IAS wants dismissal of cop in QC shooting

The Philippine National Police Internal Affairs Service (PNP-IAS) has recommended the dismissal of a police personnel involved in the fatal shooting of an innocent 52-year-old woman in Quezon City on May 31.

IAS chief Atty. Alfegar Triambulo said they have already submitted to PNP chief PGen. Guillermo Eleazar’s office the resolution on the administrative case against PMSgt. Hensie Zinampan.

Triambulo said the viral video of the shooting and statement of three witnesses were the basis of the recommendation.

Zinampan was immediately brought to the Quezon City Police District headquarters at Camp Karingal on June 1 after the incident.

The PNP IAS was earlier directed to probe the incident and file administrative charges on top of criminal raps over the incident which the Commission on Human Rights (CHR) tagged as “gravely concerning.” – Report from Bea Bernardo/AG-rir

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...