BI alerts foreigners vs. company offering fake immigration services

Officials of the Bureau of Immigration (BI) cautioned foreigners against a circulating document from a Philippine-based company allegedly charging money for payment to government agencies.

According to BI Commissioner Jaime Morente, he was able to obtain a copy of the document that shows a breakdown of fees in exchange for immigration airport assistance.

“This company is allegedly charging P5,000 as airport assistance fee, another P5,000 for processing fee, and P20,000 for a Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) Invitation Letter,” Morente said.  

“It seems that this company is using the name of government agencies to be able to charge such high rates to its employees,” he added.

He said they are now studying possible legal actions against the  company.

Morente also reiterated that the BI does not collect any ‘immigration assistance’ fee from foreign nationals.

He expressed his dismay towards those who pretend to provide immigration assistance. “It is disheartening to see reports of syndicates that are taking advantage of other people by using the names of government offices,” he said.

The BI had earlier released several advisories warning the public about individuals pretending to be BI employees offering assistance with BI services.

Morente reminded the public to remain vigilant of such fraudulent activities. “Be wary of falling prey to these scammers. Immediately report to the authorities if you encounter such a modus,” he said.  (BI) – jlo

 

Popular

Logistics pact to boost provision of supplies, services between PH, Japan forces —DND

By Brian Campued The Philippines and Japan’s defense ties continue to deepen as the Acquisition and Cross-Servicing Agreement (ACSA) entered into force Saturday, establishing a...

Drop in poverty incidence affirms effective gov’t programs

By Jose Cielito Reganit | Philippine News Agency The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) believes the historic drop in poverty incidence to 9.7%...

DBM releases P27.4B for continued medical aid to indigent Filipinos

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) announced Friday the release of around P27.4 billion to continue...

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...