Cavite logs slow vax rate at 16%

Cavite Governor Jonvic Remulla attributes slow vaccination rate due to insufficient allocation of vaccines for the province.

In a Laging Handa public briefing on Monday (August 9), Gov. Remulla said Cavite province has only vaccinated 16.7% of its target population for the past four months since the vaccine rollout started.

“Ang vaccination rate namin ay 16.7% pa lamang. As it (vaccine) arrives, na-a-administer kaagad namin, but the supply is very low. We’ve been vaccinating for 4% a month…Aabot tayo ng another 20 months bago kami magkaroon ng herd immunity,” Remulla said.

He added that out of the 2,441,502 eligible persons to be vaccinated in Cavite, only 407,864 individuals were fully vaccinated.

Remulla said they have reiterated their desire to procure 1.5 million doses of Novavax COVID-19 vaccines, and another 1 million vaccine doses by early next year to achieve population protection in Cavite.

As of Sunday (August 8), the latest number of active COVID-19 cases in the province is 6,263, after recording an additional 347 new cases.

Moreso, Gov. Remulla said there are 250 vehicles from the Philiippine National Police (PNP) that are deployed around the province to monitor the movements of the residents.

“Naka-deploy ngayon ang over 250 vehicles ng PNP para i-monitor ang mga movements ng tao. So far, very compliant naman ang nasa lalawigan ko. Ang mino-monitor namin ay ang movement ng mga tao na hindi APOR,” Remulla said. – Report from Patrick de Jesus / CF-rir

Watch the video report here:

Popular

DOJ tasks PNP, NBI to ‘effect the arrest’ of Bato

By Brian Campued “We’re pursuing this so that the ends of justice may be achieved.” The Department of Justice (DOJ) has given the greenlight for law...

PH earns 76/100 transparency score in int’l survey

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “These achievements are encouraging. For us in government, these however, are not the destination.” In his keynote speech on Wednesday, Department of...

PBBM to LGUs: Ensure efficient use of budget for community empowerment

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Wednesday urged local government units (LGUs) to ensure the prudent and...

ICC warrant vs. Bato ‘valid’ after SC rejection of TRO request —Palace

By Brian Campued The warrant of arrest issued by the International Criminal Court (ICC) against Sen. Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa is “valid,” according to Palace...