30 kids in home care center test positive for COVID-19

Homecare facilities were not spared from COVID-19 transmission in Lapu-Lapu City after 30 children tested positive for COVID-19. 

The COVID-positive individuals belong to the six to 16 years-old age group and majority of them are asymptomatic. Two facility personnel were also positive for the disease. 

Lapu-Lapu City Social Welfare and Development Office chief Abeth Cuizon said none of the 30 children have recovered yet, as they were only recently confirmed positive for the disease.

The transmission was detected last week when one of the children tested positive before returning home to Iloilo City.

The facility was immediately placed on lockdown, and is currently taking care of 46 children, together with the Lapu-Lapu City government.

“It was very alarming. We fear for the children of what will happen to them. If they are asymptomatic, if they have difficulty in breathing, of course because they are entrusted to us. We also take the responsibility,” Cuizon said. – Report from John Aroa/PTV Cebu/AG-rir

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...