Distribution of ayuda in NCR extended to Sept. 10

Local government units (LGUs) now have until Sept. 10 to distribute financial aid before the unclaimed ayuda will be sent back to the national treasury, Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Sec. Eduardo Año said on Thursday (Sept. 2).

According to Año, LGUs may process pending claims lodged before their LGU Grievance and Appeals Committee until Sept. 10.

Residents who have appealed for grievance claims may be the new beneficiaries of the remaining financial aid due to other persons not claiming their share.

Six LGUs–Metro Manila, Caloocan, Quezon City, Pasig, Malabon, and Navotas–have finished distributing cash aid.

The National Capital Region has distributed 95% or P10.7 billion worth of financial aid for qualified low-income individuals.

Meanwhile, San Juan City has also finished distributing ayuda on Tuesday (Aug. 31).

“We are happy to announce that the city of San Juan has already 100% completed its disbursement of enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) cash aid from the national government amounting to P101,794,000 as of Aug. 31, the deadline given by the DILG,” San Juan City Mayor Francis Zamora said in a statement released on Sept. 2.

The San Juan LGU will also be distributing food packs to its residents.

This will be the 17th wave of their house-to-house distribution of food packs that started last year when the pandemic hit.

“We will now proceed with the distribution of our 17th wave of food packs to San Juan residents today. 45,000 food packs containing rice, canned goods, powdered milk, and other food items will be distributed on a house-to-house basis in all barangays in the coming days,” Zamora said. Report from Patrick de Jesus/PG-rir

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...