PH COVID-19 recoveries up by 2,591: DOH

By Joyce Ann L. Rocamora / Philippine News Agency

The Philippines’ coronavirus recovery tally has climbed to 2,714,658 on Thursday with the addition of 2,591 more people who recuperated from the disease.

In its latest case bulletin, the Department of Health (DOH) also logged 1,766 new infections, which pegged the number of active cases at 37,159.

Meanwhile, 239 new deaths brought to 43,825 the country’s COVID-19 death toll.

The confirmed COVID-19 cases since the outbreak started in March 2020 are 2,795,642, of which 1.3 percent are undergoing treatment, 97.1 percent have recovered, while 1.57 percent have died.

“Twenty-two duplicates were removed from the total case count. Of these, 17 are recoveries,” the DOH said. A total of 214 cases previously tagged as recoveries were also reclassified as deaths after final validation.

The country’s positivity rate, on the other hand, is at 6.6 percent based on the 34,190 individuals who had been tested last November 2.

Of the active cases, at least 68.9 percent have mild symptoms, 5.3 percent are asymptomatic, 3.5 percent are critical, 8.2 percent are severe, while 14.11 percent are moderate.

The DOH said 43 percent of 4,000 intensive care unit beds, 34 percent of 20,800 isolation beds, and 28 percent of 14,100 ward beds dedicated for COVID-19 patients are occupied.

In Metro Manila, about 37 percent of 1,400 ICU beds, 28 percent of 4,900 isolation beds, and 28 percent of 4,000 ward beds are being utilized. (PNA)-rir

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...