Caloy Yulo apologizes to mom, promised 7 gold medals for Mother’s Day

By Brian Yalung

Gymnast Carlos Edriel Yulo continued to make waves as the World Champion, being the only Filipino so far to bag three golds at the 31st Southeast Asian Games currently being held in Hanoi, Vietnam.

Yulo first won the gold medal in the men’s individual all-around on Friday, May 13. He was also part of the men’s team event that won the silver medal on the same day at the Quan Ngura Sports Palace.

On Sunday, the 22-year-old Filipino added two more gold medals to his collection. He topped the floor exercise and unfurled an impressive performance in the rings.

Yulo led an eight-gold medal haul for the Philippines on Sunday, May 15.

In an exclusive interview the proud mother of Caloy Yulo, Angelica Yulo could not hide her emotions about the performance of her son.

“Grabe po sobrang proud kami sa kanya. Buong pamilya, kaibigan niya, nag-cheer sa kanya ng bonggang bongga,” Angelica Yulo said.

When asked whether Caloy had said anything to her after the 22-year-old, Mrs. Yulo revealed that her son was apologizing because he was not able to fulfill a Mother’s Day promise.

“Ngayon po naka-chat ko siya nanghingi siya ng sorry kasi hindi niya natupad ‘yung 7 gold medals na hiningi ko as Mother’s day gift,” she stated.

Yulo is scheduled to see action later today hoping to add more medals to his haul.

“May laban pa siya mamaya [Monday, May 16], tatlong apparatus, vault, parallel bars and high bars,” Mrs. Yulo ended. – bny

[table id=9 /]

Popular

PH earns 76/100 transparency score in int’l survey

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “These achievements are encouraging. For us in government, these however, are not the destination.” In his keynote speech on Wednesday, Department of...

PBBM to LGUs: Ensure efficient use of budget for community empowerment

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Wednesday urged local government units (LGUs) to ensure the prudent and...

ICC warrant vs. Bato ‘valid’ after SC rejection of TRO request —Palace

By Brian Campued The warrant of arrest issued by the International Criminal Court (ICC) against Sen. Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa is “valid,” according to Palace...

Updated cash aid, transport support discussed during 7th UPLIFT Committee meeting led by PBBM

By Brian Campued As part of the continuous whole-of-government efforts to protect Filipinos from the impact of Middle East tensions on energy, transport, and food...