PNP detonates 362 lbs. of explosives in Tarlac ops

Members of the PNP-Explosive Ordnance Division dispose of 362 lbs. of explosives at the Col. Ernesto Ravina Airbase (CERAB), Crow Valley Gunnery Range, Capas, Tarlac on Tuesday afternoon (Oct. 3, 2023). A total of 1,506 pieces of assorted unexploded ordnance (UXOs), explosive remnants of war (ERWs), improvised explosive devices (IEDs) and other deadly explosive materials were meticulously disposed of through a series of controlled detonations. (Photo courtesy of PNP PIO)

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency

Bomb technicians of the Philippine National Police-Explosive Ordnance Division (PNP-EOD) disposed of some 362 lbs. of explosives seized in various operations.

In a statement Wednesday, the PNP-EOD said the explosives were disposed of in a “critical disposal mission” at Col. Ernesto Ravina Airbase (CERAB), Crow Valley Gunnery Range, Capas, Tarlac on Tuesday afternoon.

A total of 1,506 pieces of assorted unexploded ordnance (UXOs), explosive remnants of war (ERWs), improvised explosive devices (IEDs), and other deadly explosive materials were meticulously disposed of through a series of controlled detonations.

These explosives are capable of inflicting severe injuries or death on at least 100 persons.

The EOD said the presence of these menacing explosive materials, predominantly vintage bombs from the last World War and other recovered explosive devices, poses an imminent threat to the surrounding community.

PNP-EOD chief Brig. Gen. Albert Magno guided the team of highly trained experts who executed the disposal operation, which was also witnessed by PNP chief Gen. Benjamin Acorda Jr. (PNA)

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...