4 quake-hit provinces to be energized via Cebu — NGCP

MANILA, July 9 — The National Grid Corporation of the Philippines (NGCP) said it continues to conduct testing on the Ormoc Substation before allowing power to flow through the Tabango-Ormoc bypass line which will provide power supply to the provinces of Samar, Leyte, Biliran and Bohol.

“Once testing is successful, Samar, Leyte, Biliran, and Bohol will receive power from Cebu,” the NGCP said in an advisory posted on its Facebook page on Sunday.

In an earlier advisory, the NGCP said the Bohol Electric Cooperative (BOHECO I) serving the areas of Antiquera (new) as well as Panglao, Loay, Maribojoc, and Tubigon are currently receiving supply generated by the Janopol Hydroelectric Power Plant and Sevilla Mini Hydro.

The power grid firm also said it will give more updates as soon as these are made available. (NGCP Advisory) (AAA/PNA)

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...