PNP to go after Ardot Parojinog coddlers

MANILA — Authorities are studying the possible filing of criminal cases against those who aided in the escape of alleged drug lord, Ozamiz City councilor “Ardot” Parojinog.

“We are presently building up the case against these coddlers,” Philippine National Police (PNP) Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) Director Chief Supt. Roel Obusan told newsmen in a press briefing Monday.

Obusan declined to name the personalities and to confirm whether it was the same Filipino-Chinese drug trader earlier named by Chief Insp. Jovie Espenido as Parojinog’s “protector.”

Espenido had led the raid on the lair of the alleged Parojinog drug cartel in Ozamiz City last July that led to the death of the family patriarch, Mayor Reynaldo “Aldong” Parojinog and 11 others.

Obusan and PNP Drug Enforcement Group chief, Senior Supt. Albert Ferro, will leave for Taiwan to facilitate and coordinate with Taiwanese authorities Parojinog’s deportation to the Philippines, PNP chief, Director General Oscar Albayalde, said.

Albayalde said Parojinog is “still under the custody of the Taiwanese police” and has not been allowed to receive visitors while under detention.

The younger Parojinog, hunted for his alleged involvement in illegal drugs, was arrested in Taiwan last week.

Aside from drug charges, Parojinog faces charges of illegal possession of firearms and theft of electricity. (Benjamin Pulta/PNA)

Popular

Logistics pact to boost provision of supplies, services between PH, Japan forces —DND

By Brian Campued The Philippines and Japan’s defense ties continue to deepen as the Acquisition and Cross-Servicing Agreement (ACSA) entered into force Saturday, establishing a...

Drop in poverty incidence affirms effective gov’t programs

By Jose Cielito Reganit | Philippine News Agency The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) believes the historic drop in poverty incidence to 9.7%...

DBM releases P27.4B for continued medical aid to indigent Filipinos

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) announced Friday the release of around P27.4 billion to continue...

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...