Cebu Pacific clarifies ‘1 hand-carry baggage’ policy

ONE HAND-CARRY POLICY. Cebu Pacific will be strict in implementing its one hand-carry baggage policy starting July 19. The airline advises its passengers to check what is allowed to bring inside the aircraft to streamline check-in operations and give them more convenience when checking in. (File Photo by Ma. Cristina C. Arayata)

MANILA — Cebu Pacific (CEB) clarified on Saturday morning its reiteration of the “one hand-carry baggage” policy, and also extended the policy’s strict implementation from July 17 to July 19.

The airline previously announced this policy and gave guidelines Friday afternoon.

CEB spokesperson Charo Lagamon earlier told the Philippine News Agency (PNA) that while it is an existing policy, there are passengers who don’t follow this rule.

Following this rule would streamline the check-in operations and help them have a more efficient experience during check-in, the carrier highlighted.

Lagamon cited more specific and additional items allowed under the “one hand-carry baggage” policy.

She clarified that passengers are allowed to bring a hand-carry baggage with a maximum weight of 7 kg. and a dimension of up to 56 cm. x 36 cm. x 23 cm., and noted that this must also fit in the overhead bin.

Earlier, the airline announced that passengers could also bring a laptop placed inside a laptop case or bag, or a handbag. CEB clarified on Saturday that this laptop bag is among the “one (additional) small bag” allowed for every passenger. Small bags should not exceed 35 cm. x 20 cm. x 20 cm. and must fit under the seat.

CEB further clarified that it will also allow items purchased inside the airport, walking sticks or canes, and foldable walkers.
The guideline for those traveling with infants remains the same. They are allowed to bring a baby bag aside from their own hand-carry baggage. (Ma. Cristina Arayata/PNA)

Popular

D.A. brings P20 rice to fisherfolk; affordable rice for jeepney, tricycle drivers soon

By Brian Campued As part of the continuous expansion of the “Benteng Bigas Meron (BBM) Na” Program of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. to various...

DepEd launches ‘EduKahon’ kits to ensure learning continuity in calamity-hit schools

By Brian Campued In line with President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.’s directive to strengthen the education sector’s preparedness during disasters, the Department of Education (DepEd)...

Torre says he has no ill feelings towards PBBM, DILG chief following relief 

By Brian Campued “Look at me straight in the eye, do I look like somebody who is bitter?” This was the response of former Philippine National...

PBBM to visit Cambodia, attend UN General Assembly

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. will embark on a state visit to Cambodia and later attend the...