Cops see peaceful ‘Simbang Gabi’ in Antique

By Annabel Consuelo Petinglay/PNA

APPO Deputy Director for Operations Supt. Norby Escobar with Peace and Order and Public Safety adviser Margie Gadian assures that cops will maintain peace and order during the entire ‘Simbang Gabi’ in Antique. (Photo by Annabel Petinglay)

SAN JOSE DE BUENAVISTA, Antique — An official of the Antique Provincial Police Office (APPO) is hoping that the “Simbang Gabi”, or dawn masses in anticipation of the birth of Jesus in the Roman Catholic churches of the province, will be peaceful throughout the Holiday season.

Supt. Norly Escobar, APPO Director for Operations, said they have yet to receive any untoward report involving churchgoers so far since the start of the Simbang Gabi last December 16.

“So far there is a peaceful observance of the Simbang Gabi in the province,” he said in a press conference.

He added police assistance desks are set up in the vicinity of churches manned by two police officers until it ends on December 24.

Police officers also patrol the church vicinity.

“We also have requested the barangay tanods as police force multipliers to secure the churches in the barangays in all 18 municipalities of the province,” Escobar said.

Margie Gadian, Antique provincial government adviser for Peace and Order and Public Safety consultant, said churchgoers should lock the doors and windows of their residence before leaving for the daily dawn mass.

She added one must avoid wearing precious jewelry that could attract unscrupulous persons.

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...