After Go’s withdrawal, PRRD yet to decide on next bet

By Alec Go

President Rodrigo Duterte has yet to share who among the 2022 elections aspiring presidential candidates will have his support, following Sen. Christopher “Bong” Go’s announcement that he will withdraw his candidacy.

Acting Presidential Spokesperson Karlo Nograles said in the Dec. 3 Palace briefing that it is also a “personal decision” whether or not Duterte will accompany Go at the Commission on Elections (Comelec) office for the latter’s withdrawal.

“Si Pangulo has options, has choices that he has to make. We should give him the time to make those options, to make those choices, to make those decisions, and give him the leeway to make the announcement kung kinakailangan, at kung kailan niya gustong gawin,” Nograles said.

The official said the meetings are also ongoing at the Partido Demokratiko Pilipino–Lakas ng Bayan (PDP-Laban) on who will get the party’s support.

“If there are any decisions to be made, kailangan din po naming idaan sa national council at sa mga miyembro and other officers of PDP-Laban. Abangan na lang po natin,” he said.

He said they respect Go’s decision and “everyone’s decision” regarding their bets. This was after Ferdinand Marcos Jr.’s tandem Sara Duterte-Carpio called for unity among their supporters after Go’s announcement earlier this week.

On Nov. 13, Go withdrew his certificate of candidacy for vice president, and joined the presidential race under Pederalismo ng Dugong Dakilang Samahan (PDDS).

During the same day, Duterte-Carpio filed through a representative her substitution to run as vice president under Lakas–Christian Muslim Democrats (Lakas-CMD). She initially filed her candidacy for Davao City mayor. -rir 

Popular

Filipinos nabbed in China ordinary citizens with no military training

By Joyce Ann L. Rocamora | Philippine News Agency The National Security Council (NSC) has expressed alarm over the arrest of three Filipino nationals for...

PH Contingent lends helping hand on rescue, medical ops in quake-hit Myanmar

By Brian Jules Campued The Philippine Inter-Agency Humanitarian Contingent (PIAHC) on Friday continued to assist in rescue and medical operations in Myanmar as the Southeast...

PBBM cites need to promote Filipino food for ‘experiential tourism’

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday emphasized the importance of promoting Filipino native delicacies and cuisines...

Gov’t measures vs. inflationary pressures effective — NEDA

By Kris Crismundo and Stephanie Sevillano | Philippine News Agency Government efforts to control inflation are showing results as the country’s inflation rate continued to...