Albayalde assures prompt action vs. Makati cops in abuse video

MANILA — Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Oscar Albayalde on Thursday vowed swift action against four Makati police officers who were caught on video while abusing a female drug suspect.

“We have identified and administratively relieved four police personnel namely P/Senior Insp. Valmark Punelas, PO1 Stephanie Limjap, PO1 Hazel Maramag, and PO1 Francis Intia while the investigation is ongoing,” Albayalde told newsmen in a briefing in Camp Crame.

“Let me state this clearly, we strongly condemn this kind of deviant behavior in our ranks. We will make sure that the full force of the law will be meted against this erring policemen if found guiltyafter a swift investigation that is now being conducted by NCRPO,” the PNP chief added.

Earlier reports said the incident occurred around March last year and involved police personnel detailed at the Makati Police’s Drug Enforcement Unit (DEU).

The video shows a naked female asked to bend over and bare herself to the camera.

“Let the axe fall where it should and definitely you will hear from NCRPO the soonest time possible,” Albayalde said. (Benjamin Pulta/PNA)

Popular

DOJ tasks PNP, NBI to ‘effect the arrest’ of Bato

By Brian Campued “We’re pursuing this so that the ends of justice may be achieved.” The Department of Justice (DOJ) has given the greenlight for law...

PH earns 76/100 transparency score in int’l survey

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “These achievements are encouraging. For us in government, these however, are not the destination.” In his keynote speech on Wednesday, Department of...

PBBM to LGUs: Ensure efficient use of budget for community empowerment

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Wednesday urged local government units (LGUs) to ensure the prudent and...

ICC warrant vs. Bato ‘valid’ after SC rejection of TRO request —Palace

By Brian Campued The warrant of arrest issued by the International Criminal Court (ICC) against Sen. Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa is “valid,” according to Palace...