Bongao sets aside P20-M to build ‘enterprise complex’

By Ely Dumaboc/PNA

Town Hall of Bongao, Tawi-Tawi. (Photo by Ely E. Dumaboc)

BONGAO, Tawi-Tawi — The local government has allocated PHP20 million for the construction of an “enterprise complex” at the Chinese pier in Barangay Poblacion, here.

Mayor Jimuel Que on Saturday said the complex will house the terminal and 50 concrete food stalls to better serve the passengers of ferry boats plying the other island towns of the province.

The ferry boats that dock at the Chinese pier cater to passengers from this town to Languyan, Mapun, Panglima Sugala, Sapa-Sapa, Sibutu, Simunul, Sitangkai, South Ubian, Tandubas, and Turtle Islands and vice-versa.

Que said the new enterprise complex will replace the old wooden structure, which is already dilapidated.

Que said the source of funds to construct the enterprise complex comes from the town’s Internal Revenue Allotment (IRA).

“As of now, we had already started to clear the area of some obstacles in preparation for the construction of the stalls,” Que said.

He explained that once completed, ferry boat passengers will have a good place to stay while waiting for the ferry boat heading to their destinations.

He said the enterprise complex is also an ideal site where one can relax and view the rising and setting of the sun.

Bongao, which is subdivided into 35 barangays, is a second-class municipality and the capital town of Tawi-Tawi.

Popular

No need for PBBM to monitor ICC proceedings vs. FPRRD

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency There is no need for President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. to monitor the International Criminal Court’s (ICC)...

Binondo drum murder ‘mastermind’ a Chinese nat’l —Taiwan office in PH

By Brian Campued The alleged mastermind in the so-called Binondo drum murder is a Chinese national, the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in the Philippines...

Public warned vs. ash fall as Kanlaon erupts anew

By Brian Campued Authorities advised residents in Negros Oriental and Negros Occidental to be cautious of possible ashfall emitted by Kanlaon Volcano after it erupted...

PBBM focused on governance, no plans yet for 2028 polls —Palace

By Brian Campued President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. remains unfazed amid Vice President Sara Duterte’s announcement to run for president in 2028, Malacañang said, noting...