Camarines Norte logs 4 COVID-19 Delta variant cases

Despite the detection of four Delta variant cases in Camarines Norte, the province continues to log the second lowest number of COVID-19 cases in Bicol Region.

In today’s (Sept. 21) Laging Handa public briefing, Gov. Edgar Tallado said tighter border restrictions kept COVID-19 cases in Camarines Norte manageable.

“Malapit po kami sa Quezon Province… Kami iyong unang probinsiya kapag papasok po kayo ng Bicol Region. So, kaya nga po consistent po ako talaga sa paghihigpit sa border,” Tallado said.

“Talagang ginagastusan po namin ang pagbabantay sa borders kasi ito ang nakikita naman talagang makakatulong sa amin dito sa Camarines Norte,” he added.

The governor said COVID-19 rapid antigen testing was placed at their border checkpoints. 

“Malaki ang naitutulong po sa amin talaga ay ang paghihigpit sa border, kasi po naglagay po kami sa border na puwede silang magpa-antigen doon,” he said.

As early as last year, the provincial government issued an executive order on stricter measures to curb the spread of COVID-19 in the province.

“Naglabas po kami ng executive order, nito lamang nakaraang taon, ng mas mahigpit na pagbabantay dahil puno na ang mga ospital natin. Dapat kapag naka-home quarantine, dapat bantayan ng barangay official, tanod, at kapulisan para hindi makalabas at hindi sila puntahan ng mga kaibigan nila,” Tallado said.

As of Sept. 20, there are a total of 675 active COVID-19 cases in the province.

 – Report from Patrick de Jesus / CF – jlo

Popular

Logistics pact to boost provision of supplies, services between PH, Japan forces —DND

By Brian Campued The Philippines and Japan’s defense ties continue to deepen as the Acquisition and Cross-Servicing Agreement (ACSA) entered into force Saturday, establishing a...

Drop in poverty incidence affirms effective gov’t programs

By Jose Cielito Reganit | Philippine News Agency The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) believes the historic drop in poverty incidence to 9.7%...

DBM releases P27.4B for continued medical aid to indigent Filipinos

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) announced Friday the release of around P27.4 billion to continue...

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...