Close to 100-K books distributed in Ilocos Norte

By Leilanie Adriano/PNA

LOVE FOR READING. Senior Board Member Matthew Joseph Manotoc leads the distribution of 84,500 books at the Ilocos Norte Centenial Arena on Tuesday (Nov. 13, 2018). (Photo courtesy of the Provincial Government of Ilocos Norte)

LAOAG CITY — The Ilocos Norte government continues to distribute various learning materials to elementary school learners in the entire province to foster love for reading.

Matilde Neri, head of the Provincial Education Office, on Wednesday said around 84,563 reading materials and workbooks were handed to the different cities and municipalities in the province at the Centennial Arena, this city on Tuesday.

Neri said Tuesday’s activity was the second tranche of the book distribution program of the provincial government that started in October, where 8,000 books were given to 24 public elementary schools in Dingras town.

“The book distribution program is a big help to our schools, parents and learners,” said Rochito Duque, Education Program Specialist of the Ilocos Norte Schools Division as he noted books aid in achieving quality education among the 21st century school learners.

Funded under the Special Education Fund of the province, the provincial government purchased the books and other reading materials, featuring Science, English and Filipino subjects for kinder to Grade 6.

Joselyn Aribuabo, Senior Program Specialist in the City Schools Division of Batac, said they are thankful for receiving over 5,000 reading materials for their students in addition to other books and computers they have previously received.

Aribuabo said there are still a number of schools in Batac, which lacked education materials, hence, the newly-distributed books will be used as supplementary learning materials.

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...