DDB sorry for using foreign stock footage; DOT ends deal

Screenshot of the now-deleted audio visual presentation of the “Love the Philippines” campaign. (Screenshot/DOT)

By Justin Ilano

Advertising firm DBB Philippines apologized Sunday, July 2, for using stock footage for the “Love the Philippines”campaign’s audio visual presentation.

In a statement, the DDB said no public funds have been used for the video.

“As DOT’s agency on record for the launch of this campaign, we take full responsibility over this matter,” part of its statement read.

“The use of foreign stock footage was an unfortunate oversight on our agency’s part. Proper screening and approval processes should have been strictly followed. The use of foreign stock footage in a campaign promoting the Philippines is highly inappropriate, and contradictory to the DOT’s objectives,” it added.

DDB clarified that the video campaign materials were only intended as a mood video for internal stakeholders.

On Monday, DOT Secretary Christina Frasco said the contract with DDB has been terminated and that no payments have been made on the said campaign.

“As DDB Philippines has publicly apologized, taken full responsibility, and admitted in no uncertain terms, that non-original materials were used in their AVP, reflecting an abject failure to comply with their obligation/s under the contract and a direct contravention with the DOT’s objectives for the enhanced tourism branding, the DOT hereby exercises its right to proceed with termination proceedings against its contract with DDB,” she said.

‘Love the Philippines’ is the new tourism campaign slogan of the country. -ag

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...