DOT terminates deal with DDB Philippines

Screenshot of the now-deleted audio visual presentation of the “Love the Philippines” campaign. (Screenshot/DOT)

By Trisha Casabar

The Department of Tourism (DOT) announced Monday, July 3, the termination of contract with DDB Philippines after the firm used stock videos in a foreign setup for the “Love the Philippines” tourism campaign.

In the statement, the DOT said the advertising agency failed to comply with the obligations under the contract by including non-original materials in the audio video presentation of the new tourism branding campaign.

“As DDB Philippines has publicly apologized, taken full responsibility, and admitted in no uncertain terms, that non-original materials were used in their AVP, reflecting an abject failure to comply with their obligation/s under the contract and a direct contravention with the DOT’s objectives for the enhanced tourism branding, the DOT hereby exercises its right to proceed with termination proceedings against its contract with DDB,” the statement read.

The DOT confirmed that no payments had been made to DDB.

“The DOT shall exercise its right to forfeit performance security as a result of default in obligations under the contract, as well to review standards of performance or lack thereof vis-a-vis any claims for payment and/or any other engagement,” DOT said.

“Further, the DOT reserves the right to take all other action against acts deemed inimical to the interest of Philippine tourism,” it added.

DDB has earlier issued an apology, saying that it takes “full responsibility” over the matter, including its “unfortunate oversight” on the use fo foreign stock clip.

READ MORE: DDB sorry for using foreign stock footage; DOT ends deal

DDB also said that no public funds have been used on the material. –ag

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...