Delay plagues P585-M bypass road in Bukidnon

By Mel Madera- PNA News

MALAYBALAY CITY – Completion of the two bypass road projects of the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH-10) in Valencia and Malaybalay cities will be moved next year due to road right-of-way issues.

Engr. Florentino Macarayog Jr., project engineer of DPWH in Region 10, bared this during Tuesday’s regular session of the Provincial Board, whose members sought clarification on the delay of the 13-kilometer bypass road with two bridges in Valencia City, and the 18.4-km. bypass road in Dalwangan-San Jose here.

Construction of the PHP585-million road bypass projects started in 2015 and were supposed to be completed this year.

Macarayog said the Manlingon Bridge has been completed while the Panlibatohan Bridge is underway.

Board Member Ranulfo Pepito had earlier requested the presence of DPWH-10 Assistant Regional Director Efren Berba, but Macarayog said the official was not available.

Macarayog said about 700 meters of the road is not yet cemented because the three private lot owners insisted to be paid first. He said the expropriation processes for the lots are still ongoing.

The same issue is facing the Malaybalay bypass road, Macarayog said, which has been delayed due to a road right-of-way issue involving 300 meters of private property that is still under negotiation.

Macarayog said both projects are expected to be completed by July next year.

Popular

DOJ tasks PNP, NBI to ‘effect the arrest’ of Bato

By Brian Campued “We’re pursuing this so that the ends of justice may be achieved.” The Department of Justice (DOJ) has given the greenlight for law...

PH earns 76/100 transparency score in int’l survey

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “These achievements are encouraging. For us in government, these however, are not the destination.” In his keynote speech on Wednesday, Department of...

PBBM to LGUs: Ensure efficient use of budget for community empowerment

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Wednesday urged local government units (LGUs) to ensure the prudent and...

ICC warrant vs. Bato ‘valid’ after SC rejection of TRO request —Palace

By Brian Campued The warrant of arrest issued by the International Criminal Court (ICC) against Sen. Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa is “valid,” according to Palace...