Dizon: Lack of vaccine supply remains biggest challenge to PH

By Pearl Gumapos

According to testing czar Sec. Vince Dizon, the country is currently facing a shortage of vaccine, the main hindrance to the government’s goal of population protection.

“Ang pinakamalaking hamon pa rin natin ay supply,” Dizon said on Monday (Aug. 9) in a Malacañang public briefing.

“At ito’y hamon ng hindi lang ng Pilipinas, kundi hamon ng buong mundo, lalong-lalo na ‘yung mga bansa na hindi nagma-manufacture ng sarili nilang bakuna tulad ng Pilipinas. Pero kung tayo ay may sapat na supply, ay kakayanin po natin. Basta may supply,” he added.

Moreover, Dizon said the Department of Health has released three million jabs to Metro Manila starting last week.

“Mayroong lang po hinintay na certificate of analysis documents ang ating Food and Drug Administration para magamit ‘yung Sinovac,” Dizon said.

As for testing, the country is now at 57,000 to 58,000 COVID-19 tests per day.

Meanwhile, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said that the “family lockdown” is expected to contribute to the decline of COVID-19 cases.

“Dahil nga po inatasan natin ang ating mga hepe ng pamilya na mag-declare ng household lockdown, inaasahan natin na ang ECQ ay magdudulot ng mas mababang numero pagdating sa nahahawa ng COVID-19,” Roque said.

“Ito po ay magbibigay ng pagkakataon para mapalawak po natin ang ating critical care capacity, at inaasahan po natin ang resulta pagkatapos ng two weeks,” Roque added. -rir

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...