DOH warns public vs fake bulletin on ‘upper respiratory infection’ in China

By Gabriela Baron

The Department of Health (DOH) warned the public against a fake health bulletin about the alleged “upper respiratory disease” in China.

In an advisory released Tuesday, Jan. 4, DOH clarified that the message “did not come from any verified platforms of the Department.”

“The DOH continued to enjoin the public to source information only from legitimate sources and platforms,” the Health department said.

It then reminded the public that “any form of disease can be prevented” by practicing healthy habits such as proper diet and exercise.”

“In general, respiratory diseases as well as other communicable diseases can be prevented by employing our layers of protection such as sanitation, masking, distancing, good ventilation, and vaccination,” DOH said. -ag

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...