DOJ vows to probe erring officials in SAP distribution

The Department of Justice (DOJ) assured it will conduct a thorough investigation on erring barangay and local officials involved in the anomalous distribution of aid under the Social Amelioration Program (SAP).

Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra said the DOJ will prioritize the investigation of the complaints they received on the issue.

“These cases take on a sinister and disgraceful character, considering that money intended for poor hungry people is unlawfully taken away from them,” Guevarra declared.

“I will leave it to the Prosecutor General to decide whether these cases should be consolidated and/or handled by a panel of prosecutors or individual prosecutors,” he added.

Meanwhile, Prosecutor General Atty. Benedicto Malcontento said he has directed all prosecutor offices in the country to immediately set preliminary investigations and “to monitor progress and report to us.”

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...