DOLE says 17M workers now fully vaccinated vs. COVID-19

By Ferdinand Patinio / Philippine News Agency

There are now 17 million workers who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 following the successful first national vaccination drive held last week, the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) said on Wednesday (Dec. 8).

“Because of the vaccination days program, more people, especially workers, were vaccinated,” Labor Assistant Sec. Dominique Tutay said in a television interview. “From 10 million prior to the three-day vaccination program, we now have 17 million fully-vaccinated workers.”

Tutay said there are still more workers who need to be inoculated against the coronavirus.

“This is a big deal [the number of fully vaccinated], but if you look at the labor market there is much more to be vaccinated,” she said.

The Department of Health earlier reported that it administered over 10 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine during the first Bayanihan Bakunahan vaccination days from Nov. 29 to Dec. 3.

The government is set to hold another national vaccination drive from Dec. 15 to 17, hoping to boost its target to fully vaccinate 54 million Filipinos by year end.

“I think by December 31 of 2021, we are all confident that we will surpass the 54 million fully vaccinated, especially if we get the same support or even much more support for the second round ng Bayanihan, Bakunahan,” acting presidential spokesman Sec. Karlo Nograles said in an interview over CNN Philippines’ The Source on Wednesday. (PNA) – jlo

Popular

PH earns 76/100 transparency score in int’l survey

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “These achievements are encouraging. For us in government, these however, are not the destination.” In his keynote speech on Wednesday, Department of...

PBBM to LGUs: Ensure efficient use of budget for community empowerment

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Wednesday urged local government units (LGUs) to ensure the prudent and...

ICC warrant vs. Bato ‘valid’ after SC rejection of TRO request —Palace

By Brian Campued The warrant of arrest issued by the International Criminal Court (ICC) against Sen. Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa is “valid,” according to Palace...

Updated cash aid, transport support discussed during 7th UPLIFT Committee meeting led by PBBM

By Brian Campued As part of the continuous whole-of-government efforts to protect Filipinos from the impact of Middle East tensions on energy, transport, and food...