DOTr terminates Common Station contractor over excessive delays

The unfinished Common Station project along Epifanio de los Santos Avenue (EDSA) in Quezon City. (Photo courtesy: DOTr / LRMC)

By Raymond Carl Dela Cruz | Philippine News Agency

The Department of Transportation (DOTr) has issued a notice of termination against the contractor for the Common Station project, citing excessive delays.

In a statement on Friday, DOTr Secretary Vince Dizon said BF Corporation and Foresight Development and Surveying Company (BFC-FDSC) Consortium was removed from the project in line with President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.’s directives to speed up and complete the project.

Construction of the Common Station has been ongoing since 2009 and was meant to reduce travel time for commuters by linking the Light Rail Transit Line 1 (LRT-1), Metro Rail Transit Line 3 (MRT-3), and the MRT-7.

“Now that we have terminated the contract with BFC-FDSC, we can finally move on with the construction. And next step ay mapabilis natin ang construction nito para mapakinabangan na ng mga komyuter dahil malaking bagay sa kanila ito,” Dizon said.

He expressed optimism that the construction for the transit hub would restart immediately by fast tracking the process through the New Government Procurement Act or the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Code.

On March 6, Dizon announced that the DOTr’s legal team is processing the termination of its agreement with BFC-FDSC to build the Common Station.

He said the contractor has left the construction for the project idle for over a year. 

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...