DSWD: P5K-P8K cash for each brgy resident not true

The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) said the claim of a circulating text message that each resident of a barangay (village) will be given P5,000 to P8,000 from its office and from the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) is not true.

The subject message claimed that the aid will be given in the form of food, non-food items, or cash.

“Ang mga naturang kagawaran ay walang ganitong uri ng aktibidad o programa,” the DSWD said in its notice posted on Facebook.

The DSWD urged the public to verify information they read.

“Sa panahon ngayon, mas magiging talamak pa ang pagkalat ng mga maling impormasyon. Kilatising mabuti at i-verify muna ang ating mga nababasa,” it added. AG

Popular

Reg’l security, ‘coercive acts’ top PBBM’s Japan visit agenda

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is expecting regional security, coercive activities and growing Indo-Pacific tensions to dominate...

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...