Dumaguete folks told to secure belongings during Xmas season

By Mary Judaline Partlow/PNA

DUMAGUETE CITY – The police chief of Dumaguete City is appealing to barangay officials to assist them in their crime-busting efforts and the maintenance of peace and order especially during the Christmas season.

Supt. Jonathan Pineda on Monday stressed that while they have increased police visibility during these times, the police cannot do it alone “and we need the help of the people, especially in the barangays.”

So far, there have been no reports of burglaries or thefts in this city the start of the Misa de Gallo or Simbang Gabi last Dec. 16 but Pineda warned the people not to be complacent especially during the dawn novena masses.

“Usually mao mana ang oras sa mga kawat, kanang sa kadlawon kay mulakaw ang mga taw okay musimba (That is usually the time, at dawn, when people leave their homes to attend mass),” he said.

He said he is personally going around the barangays to remind the officials and even the barangay tanods or village watchmen to increase their visibility.

“Kung ano man ang among security plan, kay approved naman na sa province, mao to ang among gisunod (we are adopting and implementing our security plan which was approved by the province),” referring to the Negros Oriental Provincial Police office.

Pineda appealed to residents report any unusual happening in their area.

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...