Duque: Gov’t to discuss Alert Level 0 as cases continue to drop

The Department of Health (DOH) on Thursday (March 10) said the government has yet to discuss the “elements” for Alert Level Zero amid the further easing of restrictions as daily reported COVID-10 cases continue to decline.

DOH Secretary Francisco Duque III said in the Laging Handa briefing that the current Alert Level 1 implementation is “so far, so good,” with new COVID-19 cases settling below 1,000 for six consecutive days despite allowing full capacity of establishments.

“Hopefully mapababa pa natin ito ng 500 [cases] or even less on a daily basis para talagang — malay natin, baka naman puwede nang mag-de-escalate to Alert Level Zero,” he said.

“Pero iyong Alert Level Zero ay pag-uusapan pa iyan ng IATF [Inter-Agency Task Force], ano ba ang mga elements ng Alert Level Zero,” he added.

Duque said the government’s experts and its technical advisory group are discussing the conditions for Alert Level 1 before the IATF issues a recommendation in the coming days.

“Puwede na bang magtanggal ng mask? Puwede na bang huwag gumamit ng mga … huwag nang sumunod sa hand hygiene, okay? O iyong mga ventilations, supisyente ba ‘no? So maraming mga tanong pang kinakailangang sagutin, at pinag-aaralan na ito ng ating mga expert panel,” he said.

Meanwhile, the health chief said the IATF will also discuss whether or not to place more areas under Alert Level 1. Currently, there are 39 areas across the country under Alert Level 1.

The metrics for de-escalation include  low to minimal case risk classification, low risk healthcare utilization, and 70% vaccination coverage of target population and 80% coverage of target senior citizen population.  –  Report from Kenneth Paciente/AG-rir

Popular

D.A. brings P20 rice to fisherfolk; affordable rice for jeepney, tricycle drivers soon

By Brian Campued As part of the continuous expansion of the “Benteng Bigas Meron (BBM) Na” Program of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. to various...

DepEd launches ‘EduKahon’ kits to ensure learning continuity in calamity-hit schools

By Brian Campued In line with President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.’s directive to strengthen the education sector’s preparedness during disasters, the Department of Education (DepEd)...

Torre says he has no ill feelings towards PBBM, DILG chief following relief 

By Brian Campued “Look at me straight in the eye, do I look like somebody who is bitter?” This was the response of former Philippine National...

PBBM to visit Cambodia, attend UN General Assembly

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. will embark on a state visit to Cambodia and later attend the...