Eleazar orders PNP unit commanders to prepare for candidates beating Oct. 8 COC filing deadline

Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief Police Gen. Guillermo Eleazar ordered on Wednesday (Oct. 6) all police regional and provincial directors to place on standby enough personnel to maintain peace and order in anticipation of the influx of candidates who will file their certificate of candidacy (COC) and certificate of nomination and acceptance (CONA) to beat the Oct. 8 deadline.

At the same time, Eleazar called on the candidates to take the lead in preventing the filing of their COCs and CONAs from becoming superspreader events.

“Pinapaalahanan din natin ang mga kandidato na sa Mayo pa ang election. Ang dami ng supporters na bibitbitin nyo sa pag-file ng COCs ay hindi sukatan ng inyong pagkapanalo. Ilalagay niyo lang sa panganib ang buhay ng inyong mga supporters kung maging superspreader event ang pagdadala ninyo sa kanila sa mga Comelec offices,” Eleazar said.

“Matuto sana tayong sumunod sa mga patakaran ng Comelec at ng pamahalaan dahil ito ang unang sukatan ng magandang liderato na inyong ipapangako sa ating mga kababayan,” he added.

Police forces across the country were earlier ordered to coordinate with the Comelec to ensure peace and order and enforce public health safety in the filing of COCs and CONAs from Oct. 1 to 8.

Eleazar said that so far the filing of COCs and CONAs is generally peaceful and orderly. But he said police forces remain on alert for any eventuality.

“Nasa ika-anim na araw na tayo ng filing of COCs at CONAs kaya inaasahan natin ang pagdagsa ng mga kandidato para humabol sa October 8 deadline,” the PNP chief said.

“On the part of the PNP, I have already instructed our regional and provincial directors to place on standby enough number of police personnel that would respond to any eventuality as candidates and party-list groups beat the deadline,” he added. (PNP-PIO) – jlo

Popular

No need for PBBM to monitor ICC proceedings vs. FPRRD

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency There is no need for President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. to monitor the International Criminal Court’s (ICC)...

Binondo drum murder ‘mastermind’ a Chinese nat’l —Taiwan office in PH

By Brian Campued The alleged mastermind in the so-called Binondo drum murder is a Chinese national, the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in the Philippines...

Public warned vs. ash fall as Kanlaon erupts anew

By Brian Campued Authorities advised residents in Negros Oriental and Negros Occidental to be cautious of possible ashfall emitted by Kanlaon Volcano after it erupted...

PBBM focused on governance, no plans yet for 2028 polls —Palace

By Brian Campued President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. remains unfazed amid Vice President Sara Duterte’s announcement to run for president in 2028, Malacañang said, noting...