Ex-convict, 3 others nabbed in Bulacan buy-bust ops

CITY OF MALOLOS, Bulacan — Four drug suspects, including an ex-convict , were arrested Saturday in an intensified police operation against illegal drugs in separate police buy-bust operations in Bulacan.

Senior Supt. Romeo Caramat Jr., Bulacan police director, said the drug operations were conducted in Meycauayan City and the towns of Baliwag and Bustos.

He identified the arrested suspects as Marlon Espenosa , 27, of Barangay Bayugo, Meycauayan City; Sonny De Leon, 41, of Sitio Dike, Barangay Poblacion, Baliwag; and Cleto Enriquez , 39, of Barangay Santa Barbara, Baliwag.

The ex-convict, on the other hand, identified as Enrico Oliveros, 48, resident of Callejon 1, Barangay San Juan, Taytay, was collared in Bustos, Bulacan.

Some 13 small plastic sachets of suspected shabu and assorted drug paraphernalia were recovered from the four suspects and were brought to the Bulacan Crime Laboratory for appropriate examinations.

Criminal complaints, meanwhile, are being prepared for filing in court against the drug suspects.

Meanwhile, Caramat said a total of 2,568 plastic sachets of shabu weighing 5,246,57 grams; 147 plastic sachets of dried marijuana leaves weighing 1,743.21 grams were seized while 876 drug personalities were arrested and a total of 60 firearms were recovered from the Bulacan police anti-drugs operation since December 5 last year. (Manny Balbin/PNA)

Popular

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...

PBBM: Pax Silica a ‘good deal’ to attract more investments

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday described the Pax Silica initiative as a “good deal,” saying...

Palace defends P7.2T budget, urges critics to study spending plan

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency Malacañang on Thursday hit back at critics of the proposed P7.2-trillion 2027 national budget, telling lawmakers to...