Farmers, fisherfolk in Pangasinan get P14-M agri inputs

By Hilda Austria / Philippine News Agency

The provincial government of Pangasinan has distributed seeds, seedlings, and equipment worth P14.4 million to farmers and fisherfolk in the province as part of its Abig (heal) Pangasinan rehabilitation program.

In an interview on Tuesday (Nov. 9), provincial agriculturist Dalisay Moya said the distribution of farm and fishery inputs is part of the increasing agricultural productivity in the province.

The inputs distributed to local farmers and fisherfolk and different local government units were 5,000 bags of 20 kilograms of certified palay seeds, 750 bags of different hybrid yellow corn, 60 knapsack sprayers, 140 gill nets, 20 fish shelters, 30 fish pots, 1,400 sets of hook and line, three axial flow pumps, and vegetable seedlings.

“There are various programs to help the agri-sector in the province to be more productive,” she said.

In his message during the distribution program, Gov. Amado Espino III asked the farmers and fisherfolk to continue working hard to boost the agricultural industry.

“Asikasuhin natin ang pagsasaka dahil sa Pangasinan ito ang puhunan natin. Kaya nung tumama pandemic, medyo maganda ang laban ng Pangasinan dahil ang bumubuhay sa pamilya, sa mga Pangasinense, ay ang mga magsasaka,” Espino said.

In a separate interview, Jose Galicia, one of the beneficiaries, thanked the provincial government and the national government for their assistance to the farmers.

“This is a big help for us and our family especially during this pandemic,” he said.

Abig Pangasinan is a program launched by the provincial government last year to improve the socio-economic condition in the province amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

Meanwhile, the Department of Agriculture recently distributed cash assistance to the beneficiaries of the Rice Competitiveness Enhancement Fund-Rice Farmers Financial Assistance (RCEF-RFFA) program as well as farm machinery, rice seeds, and livestock amounting to P637.5 million to the farmers and hog raisers in the province. (PNA) – jlo

Popular

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...

PBBM: Pax Silica a ‘good deal’ to attract more investments

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday described the Pax Silica initiative as a “good deal,” saying...

Palace defends P7.2T budget, urges critics to study spending plan

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency Malacañang on Thursday hit back at critics of the proposed P7.2-trillion 2027 national budget, telling lawmakers to...