Over 30-M Filipinos now fully vaccinated vs. COVID-19

By Lade Jean Kabagani / Philippine News Agency

The Philippines has administered 65,764,376 doses of COVID-19 vaccine, with around 30,108,097 Filipinos now fully vaccinated as of Wednesday (Nov. 10).

Data from the National COVID-19 Vaccination dashboard showed that the government was able to inject 817,010 doses on Tuesday alone, with 517,998 jabs used as first dose and 299,012 as second dose.

The government remains optimistic about its targets to increase the average daily vaccination rate up to 1.5 million doses to achieve population protection before the year ends.

During President Rodrigo Duterte’s prerecorded Talk to the People aired Wednesday morning, Sec. Carlito Galvez Jr., the chief implementer of the National Task Force (NTF) Against COVID-19, said the country’s vaccination output has “significantly improved” due to the steady deliveries of vaccines.

But the government, he added, is “still short” of hitting its 1.5 million daily jabs target.

The average number of daily vaccines administered in the last seven days stood at 765,422 doses.

The highest weekly output was recorded from Nov. 2 to 8, according to Galvez, with 5,473,704 jabs administered.

Galvez said there is a need to administer up to 1.5 million doses per day, beginning this month, to fully vaccinate up to 70% of the country’s 110 million estimated total population within this year.

To further accelerate the country’s vaccination program, Galvez said the government has been conducting a series of meetings with local government units (LGUs) and the key agencies of the COVID-19 pandemic response.

“[We are] challenging all our LGUs to be creative in order to administer the vaccines that have been given to them [at the] soonest possible time,” he added.

The Philippines has so far received 117,245,400 doses of COVID-19 vaccines, both government-procured and donations. (PNA) – jlo

Popular

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...

PBBM: Pax Silica a ‘good deal’ to attract more investments

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday described the Pax Silica initiative as a “good deal,” saying...

Palace defends P7.2T budget, urges critics to study spending plan

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency Malacañang on Thursday hit back at critics of the proposed P7.2-trillion 2027 national budget, telling lawmakers to...