GOMO MNP to start on Oct. 12; delay due to complexity of multiple functionalities

In response to the recent news release on the supposed non-compliance of GOMO in the MNP service, Globe said it has yet to receive a copy of Smart’s complaint letter to the NTC. Despite this, Globe strongly denies any malice or intent to violate the MNP law.

“Being transparent to our GOMO customers, we have sent out SMS advisories on the delay of MNP service readiness to keep our customers fully informed,” Globe said in a statement.

In addition, Globe pointed out that during the MNP launch, TCI, the joint venture company composed of Globe, Smart, and Dito, did mention that birth pains are to be expected with the new service.

“This is especially true in our case because of our multiple brands that have multiple functionalities which are differentiated from our core brands,” Globe said.

Globe’s core brands including Globe Prepaid, Postpaid, Platinum, and TM are currently providing MNP service. Globe also took exception to Smart’s complaint, saying that, “All issues and wins of the MNP service are being discussed at length at the management committee of TCI. All service providers are aware of the challenges currently being experienced. It does seem this complaint is being done in bad faith on the part of Smart.”

GOMO will be able to provide its MNP service by Oct. 12. We want to make sure that the service will be offered without posing additional problems or complications to our customers. So far, the company has not received a request from a GOMO customer wanting to avail of the MNP service,” Globe added.

“We are sincere in our intent to give our mobile customers the ability to choose their favorite provider and we are doing our best to comply. We are also grateful to our customers for choosing Globe over other providers,” Globe said. (Globe) – bny

Popular

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...