IATF set to come up with a recommendation on quarantine classification

The government is considering its next steps regarding the community quarantine measures that will be implemented in the country.

NTF Chairperson and Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana said the Inter-Agency Task Force is yet to come up with its recommendation as President Rodrigo R. Duterte is set to address the public next week.

One reason for the delayed recommendation is the data from the Department of Health (DOH) which is yet to be consolidated and finalized.

“Hindi tayo makakawala sa rekomendasyon ng DOH dahil nasa kanila ‘yung data ng mga namamatay, ilan ‘yung infected at recoveries. Ito ‘yung importanteng bagay na pagbabantay sa magiging desisyon na gagawin sa Metro Manila at Cebu (We cannot deviate from the DOH recommendation as they have the data on deaths, infected, and recoveries. This is important in monitoring and making decision for the case of Metro Manila and Cebu),” Lorenzana explained. Meanwhile, NTF Vice Chairperson and DILG Secretary Eduardo Aῆo said engagement with local governments has not eased to ensure awareness on the condition of cities. This will serve as basis for the decision. The screening and validating committee is now conducting consultations on initial recommendation for the classifications.

“Ang numero niya ay tuloy -tuloy pa rin. Wala pa tayong nakikita na pagbaba o downtrend. By Monday, mayroon lang additional data na darating (The number continues. We haven’t seen a decrease or downtrend. By Monday, additional data will come in),” Aῆo said.

Metro Manila Mayors will be holding a meeting anew to come up with a recommendation regarding the quarantine protocols to be implemented after June 15.

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...