Ifugao floods displace 500 families: NDRRMC

By Priam Nepomuceno | Philippine News Agency

 

MANILA – Some 500 families have been affected by floods due to heavy rains in the province of Ifugao, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said on Friday, July 8.

In its latest situation report, the NDRRMC said this is equivalent to around 1,500 persons residing in six villages in the town of Banaue.

As of this posting, an evacuation center has been activated and is currently sheltering 13 families or around 23 persons.

The NDRRMC also added that three roads so far are not passable due to flooding –  Banaue -Mayoyao Alfonso Lista Isabela Boundary Road (Boundary Poitan, Banaue, Ifugao); Banaue-Hungduan Benguet Boundary Road (Barangays Poblacion and Gohang, Banaue); and Nueva Vizcaya Ifugao-Mount Province Boundary Road (Barangays Amganad, Tam-an, Poblacion and Viewpoint, Banaue).

The agency also reported a wrecked house in Banaue.

The Department of Social Welfare and Development has so far provided some 500 family food packs worth P339,375 to affected residents. (PNA)

– ag 

 

Popular

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...