Ilocos youth urged to donate blood

Photo from Sirib Ilokano Kabataan Association (SIKA) Facebook page

LAOAG CITY — A youth organization here is urging its members and other interested participants to donate blood and help save lives.

In line with the fourth year anniversary of the Sirib Ilokano Kabataan Association (SIKA), SIKA Executive Director Weenter Ventura said Thursday the bloodletting activity is set on April 26 at the Ilocos Norte Youth and Development Office at the Ferdinand E. Marcos Sports Stadium.

He said donors should be in good health condition aged 16 to 65 years old, and must pass the health history assessment. For minor blood donors, a waiver must be signed.

“The establishment of the Sirib youth blood bank is our simple way of sharing what we have to the needy,” said Ventura.

Last year, SIKA also partnered with the Ilocos Norte Youth Office and the Philippine National Red Cross for the conduct of a similar bloodletting activity.

Those who donated blood last year assured they would participate again this year.

“Before, I was so nervous whenever I see blood but now, I look forward to donating my blood again,” said Arjay Rumbaoa, a SIKA member, who underscored it is time for the youth to effect change in the country and one way of doing so is to donate blood.

SIKA is composed of more than 5,000 active youth members in the 21 towns and two cities of Ilocos Norte.  (Leilanie Adriano/PNA) 

Popular

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...

Malacañang bares 39 Metro Manila sites eyed for floodwater storage, retention projects

By Brian Campued As part of the government’s various initiatives to address perennial flooding in Metro Manila, a total of 39 sites across the capital...

PNP seeks takedown of Zamboanga school shooting videos, photos

By Christopher Lloyd Caliwan | Philippine News Agency Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief PGen. Jose Melencio Nartatez Jr. on Wednesday ordered the Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)...

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...