Marcos orders immediate rescue, relief operations for quake victims

By Katrina Gracia Consebido

 

President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. ordered on Wednesday, July 27, the immediate mobilization of rescue and relief operation teams after a ‘major earthquake’ jolted the province of Abra. 

Press Secretary Trixie Cruz-Angeles said that Marcos has directed concerned government agencies to fully coordinate in relief and rescue operations.

“The President is presently coordinating with NDRRMC [National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council[ and the DSWD [Department of Social Welfare and Development]. He has ordered an immediate dispatch of rescue and relief teams to Abra,” she said.

She added that Marcos is already in close contact with the local officials in Abra to know the “conditions on the ground.”

The Chief Executive also directed telecommunication companies to provide “immediate assistance” and to “ensure free communication” is provided to the affected communities. Angeles said Globe Telecom has “already responded” to the request. –ag

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...