Marcos’ WEF participation ‘path-breaking’ – Finance chief 

Finance Secretary Benjamin Diokno described President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.’s participation at the 2023 World Economic Forum (WEF) in Switzerland as “path-breaking” with a successful presentation of a sound Philippine economy to the international community. (Photo/PCO)

Finance Secretary Benjamin Diokno described President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.’s participation at the 2023 World Economic Forum (WEF) in Switzerland as “path-breaking” with a successful presentation of a sound Philippine economy to the international community.

“The President successfully pictured to the international community an economy that is fundamentally sound and is expected to have one of the highest growth rates in the Asia Pacific region, if not the world,” Diokno said.

Marcos said in a high-level dialogue on infrastructure and resilience that the Philippine economy will post growth of at least 7% for last year, the highest in Southeast Asia, with strong macroeconomic fundamentals and prudent fiscal policies.

He also mentioned at the Philippine Country Strategy Dialogue that the Philippine economy may surpass the 6.5% projected growth for 2023 to meet 7%.

Diokno said Marcos also presented a politically stable country with a “frictionless and smooth transition of power” and a strong private sector support.

“The active and enthusiastic participation of the Philippine business leaders in the WEF activities was truly impressive,” he added.

Marcos’ first Davos appearance was joined by the “Magnificent 7” that includes Sabin Aboitiz (Aboitiz), Kevin Andrew Tan (Alliance Global), Jaime Augusto Zobel de Ayala (Ayala Group), Lance Gokongwei (JG Summit Holdings), Ramon Ang (San Miguel Corp.), Teresita Sy-Coson (SM Investments), and Enrique Razon (International Container Terminal).

Manuel V Pangilinan of PLDT and Smart also attended the CEOs’ dinner for Marcos on Wednesday. -KC-ag

 

Popular

Malacañang eyes further measures in handling incidents involving minors to avoid copycat threats

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Underscoring the delicate nature of sensitive news akin to the Zamboanga City school shooting incident on Tuesday, Malacañang said that it...

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...