MMDA: NCR is ‘on the right track’ in vaccination rollout

By NG Seruela

Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) Chairperson Benhur Abalos said the National Capital Region (NCR) is “on the right track” in achieving the targeted population protection in the region.

In Wednesday’s (Aug. 25) Laging Handa public briefing, Abalos reported that 7,445,911 or 75.98% of the NCR population have been vaccinated with the first dose, while 4.2 million individuals or 43.75% have received their second dose.

“Well, opo ‘no. We are on the right track right now. Inuulit ko, ang ating nabigay na dose ay 11.7 million. Tapos po nito, kahapon o three days ago, 43.75% ang nakakadalawang dosage na which 4.2 million; at iyong mga first dose ay 7.4 million, mga 76% po ito, more or less.”

Abalos said that the vaccination rate for senior citizens in Metro Manila has reached 92% for those vaccinated with the first dose and 78% for the fully vaccinated seniors.

“So napakagandang numbers na ito kasi po iyon po ang naging strategy ng mga MMC or mga mayors at ng national government na unahin iyong talagang, sabihin na natin, pupwedeng maapektuhan ng COVID at sila po madalas ang nao-ospital – ang senior citizens at persons with comorbidities.”

Abalos bared that the vaccination rollout per city has almost the same promptness. However, some cities with smaller areas complete their vaccination first.

“Well, sa totoo lang ay halos pare-pareho naman po ‘no, hindi naman ganoon kalayuan; halos dikit-dikit naman po. Mayroon lang talagang mga nauuna dahil siguro dahil maliliit ang lugar nila, kamukha ng Pateros, ng Mandaluyong, ng San Juan. “
The MMDA chief said the vaccination of individuals from other cities are allowed particularly those areas who are nearing vaccination completion.

“Well, sa ngayon, iyon lamang mga nakatapos na halos ‘no. Hindi naman talagang matatapos mo lahat kung hindi you’re nearing it like let’s say 90% or 85%, kamukha ng Mandaluyong, kamukha ng Pateros ‘no,” he said.

“At kakausapin ko iyong ibang lugar, I think si Mayor Marcy [Teodoro] willing din siya at si Mayor [Francis] Zamora po, nagma-mopping out lang sila, at iyon po ang pag-uusapan namin kasi sayang naman iyong mga doktor, mga nurses, iyong mga nai-set-up ‘no. So, kung kaya’t dito magtutulungan po talaga ang lahat,” he added. – bny

 

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...