More industries open as NCR shifts to Alert Level 2

Both the Department of Health (DOH) and Malacañang on Friday (Nov. 5) said the downgrade of Metro Manila’s classification to Alert Level 2 underwent evaluation and was based on metrics.

Speaking in a Palace briefing, DOH USec. Maria Rosario Vergeire said the region had a 10.27 average daily attack rate (ADAR) last week, a negative two-week growth rate (2WGR), and a healthcare utilization of less than 50%.

The ADAR declined this week to 5.36 this week with a daily case average of 493.

“With the negative two-week growth rate, less than 7 average daily attack rate, and less than 50% health care utilization, we can already deescalate an area to Alert Level 2,” Vergeire said.

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said the de-escalation is in bid to open the economy and provide more jobs to the public, while reminding the public to observe protocols and get vaccinated.

“Anytime po habang nandiyan pa si COVID-19 ay pupuwedeng sumipa muli ang mga kaso. So kung tatagal itong Alert Level 2, kayo po ang magdidesisyon diyan,” he said.

 

Expanded capacity, more activities

For the Alert Level 2 implementation from Nov. 5 to 21, children are allowed to go out, while intrazonal and interzonal movement are permitted. Local government units may still impose “reasonable restrictions.”

Casinos, horse racing, cockfighting, and operation of cockpits, lottery, and betting shops, and other gaming establishments remain prohibited.

The following are the list of activities and establishments with their operating capacity:

Screenshot of Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque’s presentation on Nov. 5, 2021.
Screenshot of Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque’s presentation on Nov. 5, 2021.
Screenshot of Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque’s presentation on Nov. 5, 2021.

With the opening of kid amusement industries and karaoke bars, Roque said it is recommended to wear face masks when singing to prevent bars from becoming hosts of superspreader events.

Meanwhile, a 20% capacity on top of the allowed 50% is granted to establishments located in areas with a 70% vaccination coverage for senior citizens and persons with comorbidities. 

A 10% additional is also given to establishments that have been awarded Safety Seal Certificates.

 

Face shields

The government has yet to decide whether the mandatory use of face shields in indoor spaces will be lifted. However, face shields are no longer required in cinemas as long as face masks are worn. 

“Iyon pong face shields pinag-usapan din po kahapon sa IATF at nag-manifest po ang Department of Health na bigyan pa kami ng isang linggo para patuloy na pag-aralan,” Vergeire said. – Report from Mela Lesmoras/AG-rir

Popular

Palace slams attempt against NegOr contractor, vows to dismantle espionage networks

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet Amid consecutive developments arising from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.’s revelation of ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood control projects in his 4th...

Student Beep card with 50% discount available starting Sept. 1 —DOTr

By Brian Campued The Department of Transportation (DOTr) is set to roll out white and personalized Beep cards to make commuting more convenient and more...

Palace: China cannot stop PH from asserting its territorial rights

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Friday reiterated that the Philippines will not be deterred in its efforts to defend its territorial and maritime interests in...

D.A. brings P20 rice to fisherfolk; affordable rice for jeepney, tricycle drivers soon

By Brian Campued As part of the continuous expansion of the “Benteng Bigas Meron (BBM) Na” Program of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. to various...