Negros Occidental gets 276 additional policemen

BACOLOD CITY — The Negros Occidental Police Provincial Office (Nocppo) announced on Saturday that 276 additional personnel have been deployed to the province as of March 1.

The rookie policemen included members of Class Masiklab and Class Dakila trained under the Police Regional Office (PRO)-6 in Western Visayas.

Senior Superintendent Rodolfo Castil, Provincial police director, said in a statement the new policemen will be assigned to 12 city police stations and two Type-A municipal police stations.

They will render patrol duty and beef up police visibility operations to strengthen the peace and order in the province, he added.

Castil added that through the strategic mantra of PRO-6 “We Perform as We Transform,” Chief Superintendent Cesar Binag, Police Western Visayas Director of PRO-6, wants every citizen of Western Visayas to feel safe at all times.

This is made possible with the visibility of Philippine National Police personnel on the streets and other areas of convergence, he added.

During Binag’s visit to Bacolod earlier this week, he said more policemen will also be deployed soon to Bacolod City Police Office.

The PRO-6 assigned about 300 augmentation personnel in Bacolod last October to help secure the MassKara Festival.

They stayed in Bacolod even after the festival until they were pulled out in January to augment security for the Dinagyang Festival in Iloilo City. (PNA)

Popular

Logistics pact to boost provision of supplies, services between PH, Japan forces —DND

By Brian Campued The Philippines and Japan’s defense ties continue to deepen as the Acquisition and Cross-Servicing Agreement (ACSA) entered into force Saturday, establishing a...

Drop in poverty incidence affirms effective gov’t programs

By Jose Cielito Reganit | Philippine News Agency The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) believes the historic drop in poverty incidence to 9.7%...

DBM releases P27.4B for continued medical aid to indigent Filipinos

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) announced Friday the release of around P27.4 billion to continue...

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...