NFA monitoring SRP labeling of rice in NegOr

By Mary Judaline Partlow/PNA

DUMAGUETE CITY – The National Food Authority (NFA) in Negros Oriental continues to monitor whether commercial rice retailers and dealers are heeding the mandated Suggested Retail Price (SRP) of milled rice and the prescribed labeling of rice boxes and price tags.

According to Hilaria Ganzon, NFA-Negros Oriental manager, they have already covered the entire province in its information dissemination on SRP labeling of milled rice, but she admitted that some still have to comply with it.

“Ang uban kay nalibog pa so mao pa na sila ang among kinahanglan nga ma-follow up (some are still confused with it and so we have to make a follow-up with them),” she said.

Last October, Agriculture Secretary Emmanuel Piñol had ordered the SRP label implementation in response to the supposed “rice crisis” where the prices of commercial rice had skyrocketed last year, she added.

Ganzon said they have included the supermarkets in the monitoring.

The NFA here met with representatives from the supermarkets just last Monday because of the long holiday break, which had slowed down a bit the agency’s information dissemination on labeling, she said.

They promised to comply with the labeling law, she added.

Popular

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...

PBBM: Pax Silica a ‘good deal’ to attract more investments

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday described the Pax Silica initiative as a “good deal,” saying...

Palace defends P7.2T budget, urges critics to study spending plan

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency Malacañang on Thursday hit back at critics of the proposed P7.2-trillion 2027 national budget, telling lawmakers to...