NFA rice supply under control, says Palace

MANILA — Malacanang on Tuesday assured that the supply of National Food Authority (NFA) rice is under control.

In a Palace briefing, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said Cabinet Secretary Leoncio Evasco, Jr. told him that there was standby order of 250,000 metric tons of rice.

“I just talked to CabSec Evasco. He says the situation is really under control. Of course, we will not allow our inventory to be depleted,” Roque said in reaction to reports that NFA rice supply was fast dwindling.

Last Monday, Roque said President Rodrigo R. Duterte had been doing a “diplomatic initiative” to address the NFA rice shortage.

“I was not authorized to reveal what the President has done. But the President has done a diplomatic initiative to address this. But without authority, I cannot yet announce,” he told the Palace reporters.

Last Sunday, Senator Nancy Binay called on government to address the “dwindling supply” of NFA rice.

The reported NFA rice shortage had resulted in the increase of NFA rice from PHP27 to PHP32 per kilo. (PNA)

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...