NLEX builds additional lane at San Fernando Interchange

CITY OF SAN FERNANDO, Pampanga – The construction of an additional lane at the San Fernando interchange northbound exit by the NLEX Corporation is set to be completed in March this year.

The additional lane will address the heavy volume of vehicles in this area in Pampanga, especially during rush hours.

NLEX Corporation president and CEO Rodrigo E. Franco said the expansion project would widen the 336-meter northbound exit ramp heading towards Pampanga’s capital city, increasing the number of deceleration lanes to two.

Franco also said the improvement is seen to benefit motorists, merchants, and commuters going to San Fernando City from Bulacan and Manila.

The San Fernando Interchange has been one of the busiest interchanges on the NLEX as it is near business/commercial centers and offers access to other provinces in the north such as Nueva Ecija, Bataan, and Zambales.

“This project is part of our company’s pursuit of improving the traffic flow in and out of the expressway,” Franco said.

A traffic management plan has been put in place around the work area to assure motorists passing through the construction area of safe and convenient travel even while construction is going on.

As part of this plan, NLEX Corporation has deployed traffic personnel to keep traffic moving smoothly as well as positioned flagmen and placed road signs at strategic locations to further guide motorists.

Last year, the NLEX Corporation enhanced the capacity of the San Fernando Interchange by building two new bridges crossing the NLEX function as separate carriageways and by widening the interchange ramps to four lanes in each direction.

The east and west roundabouts along Jose Abad Santos Avenue were also removed to pave the way for the installation of automated traffic signals. (Marna Dagumboy Del Rosario/PNA)

Popular

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...

PBBM: Pax Silica a ‘good deal’ to attract more investments

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday described the Pax Silica initiative as a “good deal,” saying...

Palace defends P7.2T budget, urges critics to study spending plan

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency Malacañang on Thursday hit back at critics of the proposed P7.2-trillion 2027 national budget, telling lawmakers to...