Northern Luzon Bible quiz set in Pangasinan

LINGAYEN, Pangasinan — Some 40 elementary and high school students from different parts of Northern Luzon (NL) will participate in a bible quiz competition slated Nov. 10 at the Sison Auditorium here.

Lady Pastor Myra Jalique, national bible quiz coordinator of the Philippine Bible Society (PBS), in an interview Tuesday, said the quiz will cover the Pentateuch or the first five books of the bible, and the gospels.

Jalique said it will prepare the students for the upcoming first-ever national bible quiz to be held in the province, with the sponsorship of PBS and the provincial government of Pangasinan on Jan. 15 next year.

“The winner for the NL bible quiz will represent NL to the national bible quiz,” she noted.

Jalique said the bible quiz is part of the celebration for the Word of God and for culture immersion of the young people.

She urged the local government units of Metro Manila, Rizal, Cavite, Laguna, Central Luzon, Eastern and Western Visayas, and Northern and Southern Mindanao, to support or sponsor their respective representative to the national bible quiz next year.

Jalique further said the country has been celebrating the National Bible Week and the National Bible Sunday as decreed by past Presidents of the country.

President Rodrigo R. Duterte last year also issued Presidential Proclamation No. 124 declaring the month of January as the National Bible Month, she said.

“The celebration attests to the Bible which will make its profound impact on the life of the nations, and how it has moved and inspired many people to include statesmen and social reformers to work for the betterment of other fellow human beings,” she added.

Jalique said the provincial board has also approved Provincial Ordinance No. 195-2015 declaring and celebrating the National Bible Week.

“Aside from the bible quiz, in the past celebrations, there were programs, reading of scripture in the flag raising ceremony, motorcade, among other activities. But for next year’s celebration, we are still finalizing the other activities,” she said. (Hilda Austria/PNA)

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...