Over 203-K minors receive COVID-19 jabs

By Ma. Teresa Montemayor / Philippine News Agency

 

A total of 203,357 children aged 12 to 17 have been vaccinated against the coronavirus so far since pediatric vaccination started nearly a month ago, a health official said Monday (Nov. 8).

Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire said the latest data from the National Vaccination Operations Center showed that about 0.10% of the vaccinated minors experienced adverse events.

The top three most frequently reported adverse events following immunization (AEFIs) are expected temporary reactions such as vaccination site pain, headaches, and dizziness. Other AEFIs reported were anxiety-related cases, Vergeire said.

“Lahat po ng ating kaso ng adverse events were all managed. They were all addressed and lahat po ng mga kabataan na nagkaroon ng ganitong reaksiyon ay nakauwi din naman po after proper management,” Vergeire said in a media briefing.

The pilot rollout of pediatric vaccination began last Oct. 15 in eight participating hospitals in the National Capital Region for 12 to 17-year-old children with comorbidities.

Pediatric vaccination was officially launched nationwide last Nov. 3 with a target population of 12,722,070, of whom about 1,272,207 have comorbidities. (PNA) – jlo

 

 

Popular

DOJ tasks PNP, NBI to ‘effect the arrest’ of Bato

By Brian Campued “We’re pursuing this so that the ends of justice may be achieved.” The Department of Justice (DOJ) has given the greenlight for law...

PH earns 76/100 transparency score in int’l survey

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “These achievements are encouraging. For us in government, these however, are not the destination.” In his keynote speech on Wednesday, Department of...

PBBM to LGUs: Ensure efficient use of budget for community empowerment

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Wednesday urged local government units (LGUs) to ensure the prudent and...

ICC warrant vs. Bato ‘valid’ after SC rejection of TRO request —Palace

By Brian Campued The warrant of arrest issued by the International Criminal Court (ICC) against Sen. Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa is “valid,” according to Palace...