P35 wage hike for NCR private sector workers effective July

Screengrab from PTV News.

By Ferdinand Patinio | Philippine News Agency

Minimum wage earners in Metro Manila will get a bit of relief from the rising cost of living after the region’s wage board approved a P35 hike in their daily salary.

In a social media post Monday, the Regional Tripartite Wages and Productivity Board – National Capital Region (RTWPB-NCR) said Wage Order No. NCR-25 was signed on June 27 and published Monday.

The order will take effect 15 days after its publication.

Upon its effectivity, the daily minimum pay for non-agriculture workers would be set at P645 from the current P610.

On the other hand, the daily minimum wage for workers in agriculture (plantation and non-plantation), service/retail establishments employing 15 workers or less, and manufacturing establishments regularly employing less than 10 workers, will be raised to P608 from the current P573.

“The minimum wage rates prescribed under this order shall be for the normal working hours, which shall not exceed eight (8) hours of work a day,” it said.

Prior to the approval of the salary increase, three petitions were filed before the Board asking for wage adjustments ranging from P597 to P750, by Unity for Wage Increase Now, St. Lukes Medical Center Employees’ Association, The Medical City Employees’ Association, St. Luke’s Medical Center Global City Employees’ Union Independent, Manila Doctors Hospital Employees’ Association, and Pasig Labor Alliance for Democracy and Development.

The RTWPB-NCR held three consultations/public hearings with labor and management on May 23, June 4, and June 20 in Quezon City.

The last wage hike order in NCR was approved on July 16, 2023, which set a P40 increase.

Popular

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...

PBBM rallies PMA graduates to remain loyal to the Constitution

By Brian Campued “As you take your oath today, remember that your loyalty is not to any political interest, not to any individual, nor any...