P56-M allowance up for release to 14K barangay volunteers

By Cindy Ferrer/PNA

Provincial administrator Raul Banias says the provincial government will release in December the PHP4,000 cash allowances of a total of 14,018 barangay service providers in Iloilo province. (Photo by Cindy Ferrer)

ILOILO CITY — A total of 14,018 service providers in the 1,721 villages in Iloilo province are set to receive a PHP4,000 cash allowance each next month.

In an interview Thursday, Provincial Administrator Raul Banias said the provincial government is now ready to release the PHP56-million budget for the allowances of volunteers, composed of Barangay Health Workers (BHWs), Day Care Workers (DCWs), Barangay Service Point Officers (BSPOs) and Barangay Nutrition Scholars (BNS).

He added that Governor Arthur Defensor Sr. already directed the provincial treasurer’s office to deploy some of their personnel to assist in the release of the allowances in the six identified payment centers.

The barangay service providers, who will receive the cash allowance, are BHWs numbering 8,356; BSPOs — 2,232; DCWs — 1,819; and BNS — 1,611.

According to Banias, the provision of allowances has been a tradition of the provincial government to provide some help to the barangay service providers who do not receive a fixed salary.

He noted that the allowance released to the volunteers was increased to PHP4,000 last year from PHP3,000 in the previous years.

“These volunteers only get honorarium from the barangay like PHP300 per month or PHP1,000 per month and there so many work assigned to them so, we to give them incentive for their hard work,” he said.

The release of the cash allowances will start on Dec. 3 in payment centers located in the towns of Ajuy and Barotac Viejo.

It will cover the barangay service providers in the towns of Batad, Carles, Balasan, Estancia, San Dionisio,Sara, Concepcion, Lemery, Ajuy, Barotac Viejo and San Rafael.

On Dec. 4, releasing will be done in the towns of Banate and Passi City, covering barangay service providers from the towns of Barotac Nuevo, Dumangas, Anilao, Banate, Passi City, Dueñas, Dingle and San Enrique.

The allowances for the towns of Janiuay, Lambunao, Maasin, Bingawan, Cabatuan, Calinog, Badiangan, Pototan and Mina will be released on Dec. 5 in the towns of Cabatuan and Pototan.

On Dec. 6, the towns of San Joaquin, San Miguel and Sta. Barbara will be the venue of the release for barangay service providers from the towns of San Joaquin, Tubungan, Igbaras, Guimbal, Oton, Tigbauan, Miag-ao, San Miguel, Leon, Alimodian, Leganes, New Lucena, Pavia, Zarraga and Sta. Barbara.

Popular

Agencies mobilized to ensure whole-of-gov’t approach on monsoon rains —Palace

By Brian Campued Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that relevant agencies are working to ensure a swift and coordinated response to the persistent heavy...

Malacañang refutes ex-DPWH chief’s claim linking CSSP with flood control mess

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet As recent widespread floods brought by the southwest monsoon (habagat) rekindled discussions about the administration’s response to ‘ghost’ and anomalous flood...

Palace assures BARMM polls to proceed amid probe into Macacua ambush

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet The recent ambush attack on BARMM Interim Chief Minister Abdulraof Macacua drew condemnation from President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. as well...

PBBM to endorse ‘best’ candidate for 2028 presidential race

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Friday said he will endorse the “best” candidate in the 2028...