P838.5M worth of assistance provided to Tino, Uwan victims

Photo courtesy: Tactical Operations Group 8 – PAF

By Priam Nepomuceno | Philippine News Agency

Around P838.5 million worth of assistance has already been extended to the victims of twin typhoons Tino (international name: Kalmaegi) and Uwan (international name: Fung-Wong), according to the Office of Civil Defense (OCD).

The agency said this assistance came from various government agencies, local government units, the private sector, and non-government organizations.

“(Assistance amounting) to P416 million and P422.2 million have been provided to victims of Tino and Uwan, respectively,” the OCD said in a statement Sunday night.

The OCD did not provide a breakdown, as relief operations are still ongoing.

“Government agencies continue to carry out coordinated response operations to support affected communities,” it said.

The OCD, as the lead agency for early disaster recovery under the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council Response Cluster, is also responsible for conducting post-disaster needs assessments to guide rehabilitation planning.

Ranking OCD officials over the weekend inspected areas hit by Tino and Uwan, particularly the provinces of Catanduanes, Southern Leyte and Negros Occidental, to further assess the extent of the damage. (PNA)

Popular

Reg’l security, ‘coercive acts’ top PBBM’s Japan visit agenda

By Darryl John Esguerra | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is expecting regional security, coercive activities and growing Indo-Pacific tensions to dominate...

Palace clarifies stance on Sen. dela Rosa developments, dispels “siege” claims

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet “Wag nating pabayaan ang may mga masamang balak na paligtasin ang dapat na managot.” As media coverage of last week’s array of...

PBBM appoints Kim Robert de Leon as new Budget Secretary

By Dean Aubrey Caratiquet In a briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced the appointment of Kim...

PBBM most approved gov’t official —survey

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. emerged as the most approved government official in a recent nationwide survey...