P9-B health workers’ risk allowance handed to regional offices, hospitals

The Department of Health (DOH) has already downloaded the P9-billion fund to its regional offices and hospitals for the new tranche of health workers’ special risk allowance.

DOH Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire said the funds were immediately released after they received the special allotment release order (SARO) from the Department of Budget and Management (DBM) last week.

Health workers have yet to receive their additional benefits pending the signing of a memorandum of agreement (MOA) on the matter.

Vergeire said the DOH has been coordinating with the DBM regarding the monetization of health workers’ accommodation, transportation, and meal allowances.

Meanwhile, the official appealed for understanding on the reported human error vaccination incident in Makati due to their workload. The DOH, however, reminded vaccinators to be mindful of protocols.

““Ang ideal naman po natin talaga for every vaccination team is about 6, anim po dapat ang nagko-comprise doon sa team na ‘yan… Kung maaari maging strict tayo dun sa rotation ng ating mga nagbabakuna,” she said. – Report from Mark Fetalco/AG-rir

 

Watch full report here:

Popular

Drop in poverty incidence affirms effective gov’t programs

By Jose Cielito Reganit | Philippine News Agency The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) believes the historic drop in poverty incidence to 9.7%...

DBM releases P27.4B for continued medical aid to indigent Filipinos

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency The Department of Budget and Management (DBM) announced Friday the release of around P27.4 billion to continue...

PBBM admin addressing long-standing gaps in flood control system

By Ruth Abbey Gita-Carlos | Philippine News Agency President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is addressing long-standing gaps in the country’s flood control system through new...

Malacañang bares 39 Metro Manila sites eyed for floodwater storage, retention projects

By Brian Campued As part of the government’s various initiatives to address perennial flooding in Metro Manila, a total of 39 sites across the capital...